Car insurance when re-registering my car, motorcycle or motorhome onto Spanish plates

Most Insurance companies will insure a non-Spanish plated vehicle for up to 183 days a year.

Spanish insurance companies will only insure a vehicle in Spain once the process of vehicle  re-registration has been complete and we can then send a them copy of the permiso de circulación (Spanish Driving permit)  This is normally obtained 4-5 days after all the paperwork has been submitted to local trafico (Traffic Department)

We recommend Rightmove Insurance,  located in Alicante to all our clients.  They are able to insure vehicles in all Provinces of Spain.  For further information on insuring a car in Spain please do contact us here –

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *